San Juan Island EMS has been re-accredited by the American Heart Association as a Community Training Center (CTC) for another 2-year period. 2010-2012
SJIEMS operates the only American Heart Association Community Training Center (CTC) in San Juan County serving as a Community Training Center for Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) programs. In this role, we provide the following services:
- Completed Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) course completion/participation cards to instructors for course participants.
- Regular updates on new information from the national office of the AHA.
- Maintain a record of instructor teaching activity.
- A list of vendors that offer ECC program textbooks, materials, and manikin rental.
- Conduct BCLS, ACLS and PALS Courses.
- Conduct BCLS instructor Courses.
- Serve as resource to the public on Emergency Cardiovascular Care courses and provide referral information about dates and locations of courses.
If you are a BCLS, ACLS, or PALS instructor and would like information on affiliating with us, or if you have questions about available ECC programs, contact us at (360) 378-5152 x 3 or email us at: email@example.com.