We are extremely excited about the new PeaceHealth Peace Island Medical Center and all of the amazing things that it is already doing. We have documented over 45 patients who have been able to be successfully treated on island that normally would have been flown to the mainland.
The hospital has seen over 30 inpatient admissions and will soon begin same day surgeries. BUT, the hospital is NOT the place to drive yourself if you are having certain symptoms or injuries. In fact, driving yourself to the hospital could actually delay your treatment, and in some cases be fatal.
CALL 9-1-1 IMMEDIATELY WHEN YOU OR SOMEONE ELSE EXPERIENCES:
- Injury with potential fracture or severe sprain
- Falls when you hit your head
- Difficulty breathing, shortness of breath
- Chest or upper abdominal pain, pressure, or tighness
- Fainting or dizzyness
- Sudden weakness or change in vision
- Change in mental status (such as unusual behavior, confusion, difficulty arousing)
- Sudden, severe pain anywhere in the body
- Bleeding that won’t stop
- Severe or persistent vomiting
- Coughing up or vomiting blood
- Suicidal or homicidal feelings
- Anytime you think it could be an emergency
There is ZERO OUT OF POCKET COST for our District Residents for ambulance services!!